I think I'm Alone and Have to Figure things Out On My Own

This is a pattern I have found with work. And with my relationship to Cody.

I overcommit, I take on a lot of projects because they excite me and I believe I can do them and do them well. Which I can, but there is an underlying anxiety with it. As I am working and solving problems, there is an underlying restlessness that... I am doing too much.

How can I bring structure around my endeavors, so I don't feel this restlessness? And so that I can be focused on the logistics of the task at hand, and not sitting inside of emotions? But really present to the current task?

Writing my tasks out on paper is helpful. On a big white board to view each day. Way helpful. 

Maybe it has to do with me always thinking my mom limited herself, because she wouldn't drive on the freeway or take a cashier job to get out of her comfort zone.

I've always explored and have been curious, is there perhaps an overcompensation there?

Comments